Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Current Goals

I spent this last weekend out in the middle of Nevada (about 30 minutes away from Austin) for a class field trip.  After spending the time and money to prepare fairly healthy meals for myself, I completely lost my motivation to eat healthy.  I felt overwhelmed and jealous of all the other food my class mates have brought with them and I caved in and ended up feeling lethargic and disappointed in myself.

I know it may sound ridiculous or that I'm obsessing over what I'm eating, but I'm trying not to.  I'm just trying to be honest with myself.  I'm not saying I'm "fat" but I just want to responsible with myself and become more conscious of how food makes me feel, emotionally and physically.  An excellent example, I do not drink milk because if gives me horrible.. horrible internal pains embarrassing gas (sorry for that info...)  Or, eating seven Reeses Peanut Butter cups makes me feel horribly guilty and ultimately gives my a stomach ache.

On a more positive note, I've been keeping up with my weekly jogging goals, hooray!  As well, I've switched my gym schedule to the wee early morning hours before my 8 am classes.  It's the only time the gym isn't unbearable crowded, and I love starting my day off with a great workout.

I am planning on jogging my first 5K this sunday for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.  This feels very important for me to participate in because of a couple of reasons.  It's on my Day Zero list and I am honestly trying to work on completing at least one thing the first month of posting it.  Another reason why this race is important to me is because my grandmother is a survivor and it's genetic concern that runs in my family.  It sounds like some friends and my Aunt is interested in participating and I hope it ends up being a fun first race.


No comments:

Post a Comment