Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Good news:  I survived midterms last week.

Bad news: My workouts were put on hold after wednesday, and ever since I've been slacking off with working out and becoming depressed.  I could really use a workout partner to check in with and help me stay motivated.  


Disregarding that, there was plenty of other good news.  My wonderful boyfriend took me to the art museum last Friday for my birthday.  Before that we had thai food with my dad.  Afterwards we went to a lovely little coffee shop and enjoyed some quality coffee.

Soy Pumpkin Latte!

Other news is that I've been inspired to progress in using more vegan products, such as beauty and skin care products.  I've attempted this in the past but my paychecks could not support it before.  And it makes sense to me to transition into using more of these products, if I don't consume the flesh of animals then I should not use any by-products from their bodies.  I'm still making some mistakes with eating, having cheese every now and then, but I'm still trying my best to adopt more vegan tendencies.  It just feels right to me.  Since I received a wonderful Sephora gift card from the boyfriends parents I'm going to take this opportunity to start investing in some cruelty free vegan make up.


On Sunday one of my friends and I went to the Little Truckee River for 'Truckee River Day' and put a few hours into helping the community with research projects and conservation work.  It was really great to be out there while blessed with wonderful weather and meeting lots of great people who share similar passions.  This was my first time participating and I will have to do this more often! [Pictures soon...?]

Recipe of the week: Lentil-Soup!

I forgot to add the spinach when I served myself the first bowl! (I was pretty hungry at this point.)  So the picture does not do it justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment