Thursday, October 6, 2011

New Recipe Number One

In honor of this cold October day, I decided to make some Three Bean Vegan chili.  

What goes better with chili than cornbread?  

...

Nothing


The chili turned out to be delicious.  I tampered with the recipe, substituted the jalapeño with a can of mild green chili, added some oregano, and chopped two whole carrots and added that it. 


I was a bit disappointed with the cornbread.


I used the Bob's Red Mill package, which may have been the origin of the lack of flavor or it could have been my egg substitution (1 egg = 1 tbsp of milled flax seed simmered with 3 tbsp of water.)


Disregarding the different flavoring of the cornbread, it turned out to be a lovely, and warming fall meal.
 


Chili recipe: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=36938.0

No comments:

Post a Comment